Saturday, November 7, 2009

Let's get "purse"-onal

We had a Relief Society retreat with the theme "Let's get 'purse'-onal" and were asked to bring a purse cake to be judged. Here's the Chanel handbag I made.

Photobucket
Pretty cute right? I just made 2 9 inch round cakes, cut them a little more than half way and glued them together with buttercream then stood them up. I iced them in buttercream then covered in fondant. For the handle I strung some beads on a wire and poked it in. Even though I was super rushed, I was happy with how it turned out. If I would have had a little more time I could have focused more on getting the lines straight, but I was late as it was, so crooked lines it was. For the cake, I found a recipe that you use a regular box cake mix, but make it a little differently than the box directions to make a fine, moist crumb texture, like a pound cake. You use a cake mix, with 1/3 cup softened butter, 1 cup of milk and 4 eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment