Wednesday, January 20, 2010

White Bean Chicken Chili II

I know I already have a version of White Chicken Chili on here, but this is a different version. I got this from my friend Elyssa and it is yummy! We had girls night last Friday at my house and I made this for dinner and served it in soup bowls with corn bread. It's a little spicy, so the younger girls had chicken noodle. I have had it a couple times at Elyssa's house, but this is the first time I've made it. Definitely won't be the last!

Photobucket

White Bean Chicken Chili
2 tbsp Butter
3 tsp Garlic Powder
1 large Yellow Onion
1-2 lb chicken breast, cut into pieces

5 cans Great Northern White Beans
36 oz Chicken Stock
2 cans of chopped Green Chilies
2 tsp Cumin
2 tsp Oregano
2 tsp Sea Salt

1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (more if desired)
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 cup Sour Cream
3/4 cup Salsa Verde

Chop Onion and Chicken and saute in Butter and Garlic Salt (large pot, medium heat).
Drain and rinse Beans, then add Beans, Chicken Stock, Chilies, Cumin, Oregano, and Sea Salt to pot.
Simmer for 30 minutes, or for a couple of hours, depending on time you need it.
Remove from heat and add Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Sour Cream, Heavy Cream & Salsa Verde.

Serves approximately 12-16 people (depending on serving size)

No comments:

Post a Comment