Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Good ole Sloppy Joes

Everyone loves a good sloppy joe in the summer time. Last week I decided since summer is ending I needed a sloppy joe. I've never made them from scratch, but decided most things are better from scratch so I'd give it a go. They were yummy!
Photobucket
Sloppy Joes - recipe from Sweet Life in the Valley
  • 2lbs ground beef
  • 1 large onion chopped
  • 1 large green pepper chopped
  • 2 -8oz cans tomato sauce
  • 1/4 cup Heinz organic ketchup
  • dash of Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tbs brown sugar
  • salt and pepper to taste
Brown beef and chopped onions-season with salt and pepper. Add green pepper, tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Let simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes. Serve on wheat bun or wheat bread with a good cheese.
Will make 4-6 good sized Sloppy Joe sandwiches

1 comment:

  1. I add yellow mustard to mine - I think it adds a tanginess:)

    ReplyDelete