Saturday, September 12, 2009

Oreo Truffles

Last Christmas we were introduced to Oreo truffles by a neighbor and fell in love. I didn't know what to expect when I bit into one, and wasn't expecting anything spectacular, but what I found inside was a little piece of heaven. One day Trent and I figured out how many calories were in each one, but I'll just go ahead and keep that to myself. Last week my mom put me in charge of dessert for Deco and Kera's open house so I decided I'd make some and they were a big hit as they always are.
Photobucket

OREO Truffles

Ingredients

1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

MIX 3 cups of the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese until well blended. The best way I've found to do this is to put all the Oreo's into a food processor until totally crushed. Then add the cream cheese into the food processor. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls. Refrigerate for at least ½ hour. DIP balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. I also like to drizzle white chocolate over some and dip some completely in white chocolate, just for variety.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Store any leftover truffles in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

Try to eat just one, I dare you!

1 comment:

  1. I finally tried these yesterday...so good! What a perfect thing to add to the Christmas treat tray.

    ReplyDelete